In June of 1885, the first senior class graduated from Smyrna High School. The original Smyrna High School was built in 1883 on a lot adjacent to John Bassett Moore.
The plans for John Bassett Moore High School were approved in 1922. The cornerstone was laid in 1923 and the building was occupied in September of 1925. It has served the community as a High School, Junior High School, Middle School and currently as an Intermediate School.
The current Smyrna High School was completed in 1970 on Duck Creek Parkway. The graduating class of 1974 was the first class to attend the new Smyrna High School as freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
The Smyrna School District does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, marital status, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category or status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Inquiries should be directed to the District Superintendent. 82 Monrovia Ave, Smyrna, Delaware 19977, or telephone (302) 653-8585